The day before, I had just received the October subscription of the Food and Travel Magazine featuring all things Spanish and recalled a churros recipe that looked simple enough.
The recipe called for 435ml of water mixed in with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and some self raising flour. My immediate thought was that 435ml was such an odd amount. Nonetheless, Food and Travel Magazine has never failed me before. I've tried a few recipes of theirs and they have always proven successful.
The first attempt was an utter fail. I should have had a batter that was "soft but sticky" but instead I had a batter that was sticky but also extremely runny. Additionally, I was suppose to be able to "roll" the batter into a log like shape. That wasn't achievable either.
Thinking there was a typo and that they meant to say 345ml instead of 435ml, I started mixing another batch, this time using 345ml of water. I can't say I was too impressed with the end result. The batter still didn't feel right and it was more donut than churros but I put that down to not having the churreria (special contraption/mould for producing churros).
I'm going to write to Food and Travel and see what they've got to say about this recipe. Lucky for them this donut satisfied my craving for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment