Our dinners most nights consist of chicken, chicken and then more chicken with the occasional lamb chop thrown in here and there. Oh and did I mention we're having chicken for dinner tonight?
So when friends from London came visiting last month, I got excited. Not excited because my friends were coming, excited that I now had an excuse to take them to the new oyster bar that had just opened in town.
Zdeněk's oyster bar opened earlier this year to mixed reviews. Mainly that it is overpriced and that the seafood isn't all too 'fresh'. If you are going to offer New Zealand mussels, one would think that after travelling halfway across the world, there are other adjectives to describe said mussel than 'fresh'. 'Jetlagged', 'limp', 'tired' all spring into mind, but definitely not 'fresh'.
But I wasn't there for the mussels or the prawns or whatever else they had in the freezer. I had read that the redeeming feature of the oyster bar was its lobster roll. Big juicy claw meat with smaller chunks of lobster meat stuffed on a warm crusty buttery roll with a side of roasted new potatoes, gazpacho and dill mayonnaise.
This was definitely the star of the show and at 395czk, the price was easy to swallow too.
zdeněk's oyster bar
malá štupartská 636/5, 110 00, praha CZECH REPUBLIC
tel. +420 725 946 250
www.oysterbar.cz
| Zdeněk's lobster roll |
Is this the place across from that church with the hand?
ReplyDeleteYup! that's the one. Next to Big Ben's books.
ReplyDelete