I always dread the flight home. For all you fellow Aussies - I am sure you share my pain - the 23 hour flying pain that is. Unfortunately, we're not rich enough or frivolous with our money to indulge in business class (although hubby did suggest I upgrade on my way back from Sydney - to Premium Economy that is, not Business. I scoffed at his suggestion), so I suffered the cramp confines of economy in silence.
We journeyed to London before my long haul home so we can visit our close friend who recently gave birth to a baby boy. Well that was the excuse we gave, but secretly we flew to London to eat.
I've been meaning to try the new Jason Atherton establishment that was Pollen Street Social. Opened in 2011 to resounding success, I tend to abhor anything associated with Gordon Ramsey. Jason Atherton was the executive chef at Maze in London - A Gordon Ramsey establishment (ugh) and was smart enough to leave and branch out on his own. A very wise decision it has proven to be.
Mr GluttonousGoat and I sampled its fare on a sunny Saturday afternoon, when London was experiencing a rather early spring day.
Service was professional, efficient but a tad too stuffy for my liking. The food, however was the star of the show and definitely worth a repeat visit. I especially liked MrGluttonousGoat's 'full english breakfast'.
scallop ceviche, cucumber & radish, yuzu soy dressing, apple
|
![]() |
| full english breakfast - small but tasty! |
| roasted red mullet, spanish prawn rice, cockles, seaweed potatoes with samphire |
| spanish prawn rice - served on the side |
![]() |
| black angus ribeye, oxtail, charred eggplant, smoked potatoes & carrots |
pollen street social
8-10 pollen street, london, w1s 1nq
tel: +44 207 290 7600
http://www.pollenstreetsocial.com/


No comments:
Post a Comment