glut:ton:y


glut:ton:y (n): the act or practice of eating to excess

February 12, 2012

sticky fingers

I love cinnamon. Especially when you grab a piece of Turkish bread (or 2!), toast it, spread butter all over it while its still hot, then generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar until the entire surface of the bread is covered with the wonderful sugary stuff. I used to have it every week day for breakfast back when I was working in Sydney. It's a miracle how I didn't put on too much weight or suffer a mild heart attack from my excess consumption.

I was watching the Travel Channel one day when they showcased a bakery in South Carolina selling Sticky Buns. I made it my mission to make them that same week.

Here was my attempt at Sticky Buns which I found off the net. I tweaked the recipe somewhat to my taste - increasing the amount of pecans and reducing the amount of sugar.

Washed down with a cup of coffee each morning, that's one bun I can have everyday.

lots of nuts, lots of sugar, lots of butter - mmm
buns ready for the oven
the final product



No comments:

Post a Comment